Hire an Off Duty Officer
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Kearney Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective September 27, 2021.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the vendor:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the vendor, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 vendor service
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
- Private detective agencies;
- Licensed liquor establishments;
- Sell, manufacture, or transport alcoholic beverages;
- Collection agencies;
- Advertising agencies (use of uniform or office to endorse products or businesses);
- Process server;
- Bail bond agency;
- Repossessing property or evicting persons or entities from premises;
- Assisting in case preparation or investigation for any criminal defense or civil proceedings;
- Employment as an investigator or in any capacity involving the use of police records for other than law enforcement purposes;
- Employment that would be likely to bring the Police Department or the officer into disrespect, disfavor or ridicule, or involve the officer in a violation of Department policies, procedures or rules;
- Other situations, locations or capacities not approved by the Chief of Police;
- Cannot access, use, or convey any data, files or information that is proprietary, is under the control of, or was collected and stored by this or any other law enforcement agency; and
- Cannot perform any task or job that would bring discredit or embarrassment to the Kearney Police Department.
*PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
|Total Hourly Rate|
|$31.00/hr or $115 daily maximum|
2 Hours minimum per request.
State Sales Tax 7% for all Security Posts/ No Tax for Traffic Jobs
*Holiday Rates: Rate will apply to the following days: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
**Emergency Rates: If request is received less than 72 hours prior to assignment the emergency pay rate goes into effect.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment.
YOU CAN REQUEST SERVICE BY VISITING THE OFFICERTRAK® WEBSITE LINK: https://odm.officertrak.com/Kearney-NE-PD OR CALL OFF DUTY MANAGEMENT 24/7 AT 308-281-1827.