Abandoned or impounded vehicles or equipment that have remained in custody in the City (through the Kearney Police Department) for a period of ninety (90) days without a claim of ownership shall be sold at auction utilizing a licensed third party auctioneer and use of an online auction website. Registration and bidding is conducted on the auctioneer's website. For information regarding current auction notices, or upcoming auctions, please visit Tri-City Auction Center.
Information about the City of Kearney's Auction:
- The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids and waive any and all informalities.
- All bidders are required to register with Tri-City Auction Center in order to place a bid on an item.
- The name shown on the paid receipt for a vehicle or equipment will be the name listed on the vehicle’s title (No exceptions allowed).
- A paid receipt is required to pick up items.
- All property sold by the Kearney Police Department is sold "as is" with no warranties of any kind by the City of Kearney.
The City of Kearney does not provide loading services for buyers to remove their merchandise. Buyers must provide enough man power to load items themselves. Any and all methods of lifting, towing, and hauling, as well as removal are the sole responsibility of the buyer. The ownership of any and all items not removed by the final pick up day will revert back to the City of Kearney.