Have a collection or information you’d like to share with your community? The display cases at the library are available to you. Displays should enrich the educational, informational, and recreational quality of life for our citizens. See the policy below for more details.
Display cases are available in the youth area, teen room, main hallway, and near the main desk. For more information, or to reserve a display case, please contact:
- Youth Librarian, 308-233-3616, Youth & Teen Cases
- Circulation Librarian, 308-233-3277, Main Floor Cases
Exhibits and Displays Policy
- The purpose of exhibits and displays in the library is to enrich the educational, informational, and recreational quality of life of all citizens of the City of Kearney and Buffalo County in addition to all library patrons.
- The library provides free exhibit space for community-based organizations, agencies, and citizens. In doing so, the Kearney Public Library serves as a community-based educational, informational, and civic resource for the citizens of the City of Kearney and Buffalo County.
- The library's provision of exhibit and display space to non-library groups does not constitute sponsorship or endorsement of the policies, views, or beliefs of the group.
- Only local residents or community organizations and agencies that are non-profit may provide displays.
- Exhibits must have a title sign announcing the topic and the sponsoring individual's or group's contact information.
- Brochures and postings must be non-profit and are subject to approval by the library director or assistant director.
- Exhibits are displayed for one month and are limited to one display per year. Displays must be scheduled in advance, so it is recommended that the library be contacted early to discuss possible bookings.
- The library reserves the right to decide the appropriateness of the exhibit material to the public library setting.
- Exhibitors will sign and "Exhibit Release Form" for items on temporary display at the library.