Library Advisory Board
- 5:00 p.m.
- Second Tuesday every other month
- Niobrara Meeting Room, 2020 1st Avenue
- The members of the Board shall have such powers and perform such duties as may be conferred upon and required of them by the Council.
- The Board is an advisory board, thus having only those powers and duties to advise and recommend to the Council and City Manager as are granted to them by the Council.
- The Board shall have the power to recommend for adoption and imposition by the Council, general rules, penalties and forfeitures for trespasses upon or injury to the library grounds, rooms, books or other property, for failure to return any book, video tape or other loaned material; or for violation of any bylaw, rule or regulation adopted by the Council for the library, and to recommend reasonable fees, not to exceed the library’s actual cost, for nonbasic services. The public library shall make its basic services available without charge to all residents of the City.
- The Board shall, from time to time, recommend general bylaws, rules or regulations for the operation and government of the library to the City Manager. Such rules and regulations shall be submitted to the Council for approval and adoption
View members of the Library Advisory Board. The Library Advisory Board shall consist of five members chosen from the citizens at large. Neither the Mayor nor any member of the Council shall be a member of the Library Advisory Board. The Library Foundation Board is comprised of both the members of the Library Advisory Board and the Library Foundation Board.
The City Manager and the Library Director shall be ex-officio members of the Board. Board members shall serve a four-year term. At their first meeting in July, the Board members shall elect a president, secretary, treasurer, and such other officers as may be necessary. Three members of the Board shall constitute a quorum.
Special Membership Requirements
A Board member shall serve a maximum of two consecutive terms.