- Buffalo County Marriage Records (1872-1978, microfilm)
- Kearney City Directories
- Kearney Hub (1889-2018, microfilm)
- Family Tree Magazine
- Internet Genealogy magazine
- Nebraska and Genealogy book collections
Preserve Family Photos and Video
Want to preserve old photographs, video, negatives or slides? Visit our Digitization Station in the makerspace! We have a station to scan photographs, as well as convert negatives, slides, and VHS tapes to digital files. We also have the supplies to encapsulate and preserve old photographs and family documents.
Local / Nebraska Resources
- Buffalo County Historical Society Archives
- View a list of available records in the Archives, located at the Family History Center at the Trails and Rails Museum in Kearney. Open Monday afternoons from 1:00-4:00pm, or by appointment.
- Kearney Cemetery Online Interment Records
- Nebraska Vital Records & Genealogy
- Nebraska State Historical Society
- Nebraska Memories
- Nebraska Memories is a cooperative project to digitize Nebraska-related historical and cultural heritage materials and make them available to researchers of all ages via the Internet. Nebraska Memories is brought to you by the Nebraska Library Commission.
- Digital Newspapers
Additional Genealogy Websites
- FamilySearch is a nonprofit family history organization dedicated to connecting families across generations.
- Find A Grave
- Search or browse cemeteries and grave records from around the world.
- GLO Records
- This site provides live access to Federal land conveyance records for the Public Land States, including image access to more than five million Federal land title records issued between 1788 and the present.
- The USGenWeb Project is a group of volunteers working together and having fun providing free online genealogy help and information for every U.S. state and county.
- Cyndi's List
- Cyndi's List has been a trusted genealogy research site for more than 20 years. Cyndi's List is free for everyone to use and it is meant to be your starting point when researching online.
- Genealogy.com is a source for family history buffs to find genealogical research originally posted in GenForum and our most popular genealogy articles.
- Ellis Island
- The Port of New York Passenger Records 1820 - 1957 contains the passenger lists of almost 65 million immigrants, passengers, and crew members who came through Ellis Island and the Port of New York from 1820 to 1957. The period from 1892 to 1924 at Ellis Island was the largest human migration in modern history!
- Chronicling America
- Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress