The Kearney Park & Recreation Department offers numerous seasonal positions annually. Age requirements, hourly pay, job qualifications, and work hours vary by position. Be part of the KPR Team! Click here for current job applications.
Recreation & Aquatics
- Jobs available from January-April, May-August, and September-December. Applications will be accepted 1-3 months prior to the season beginning. Please check with KPR regarding application deadlines, pay ranges, and work schedule.
- Positions include: Instructors, Coaches, Officials, Program & League Supervisors, Special Event Aides, Pool Cashiers, Lifeguards, Pool Managers, Marina and Concession workers, and Activity Center Monitors.
- Park maintenance jobs are available in the spring, summer and fall. Applications generally accepted from mid-January to mid-February for summer employment, and in August for fall employment. Applications may be accepted throughout the year for positions that do become available.
- Positions include: City Park & Ballfield Maintenance Workers, Cemetery Maintenance Workers and Nature Barn Attendants.
- Rock Garden Ranger applications accepted in mid-March. This position is solely for 15 & 16 year olds. Involves general maintenance work throughout city parks. Two work shifts are available: 7:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Golf course jobs are available in the spring, summer and fall. Applications generally accepted in mid-January to mid- February for spring/summer employment, and in August for fall employment. Applications may be accepted throughout the year for positions that do become available.
- Positions include: Golf Services (clubhouse, driving range/carts, concessions) and Golf Course Maintenance Workers.
Yanney Park Facility Ambassadors
- Applications generally accepted from mid-January to mid-February; however, positions do become available throughout the year.