A Special Designated License (SDL), or short-term temporary license for sale or consumption of alcoholic liquor at a designated location within the city limits may be issued by the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission (NLCC, https://lcc.nebraska.gov/special-designated-licenses
) after approval of the local governing body. In May 2019, the Kearney City Council passed Resolution No. 2019-89 establishing Guidelines for the Administrative Approval of SDL applications and authorized the City Manager or designee to execute the application. Based on the City's Comprehensive Fee Schedule, the fee for an SDL is $80.00 per event and the fee due to the NLCC is $40 per day.
Additional information on the SDL process includes:
- A completed SDL Local Recommendation Form (Form 200), including all applicable documents (see "Special Designated License Forms & Supporting Documents below) shall be received by the Kearney City Clerk’s Office no later than fifteen (15) business days prior to the event (excluding weekends, holidays, or date and day of event). ***Please note the Special Designated License Supplemental Form, as required only by the City of Kearney, will need to be included with ALL Form 200 applications received by the City Clerk's Office.
- Applicant shall submit the locally approved Form 200, including all additional, applicable forms, through the NLCC On-Line System at least ten (10) working days prior to the event. ***Locally approved applications not received by the NLCC at least ten workings days prior to the event will not be processed.
- Non-Profit Organizations applying for an SDL for the first time are required to register with the NLCC prior to applying for an SDL via the NLCC On-Line System. Form 201 will also need to be included.
- Registration instructions for the NLCC On-Line System (for both non-profit organizations and retail liquor holders) can be found at https://lcc.nebraska.gov/special-designated-licenses.
- SDL’s held outdoors or include outdoor areas must also include Form 109.
Special Designated License Forms & Supporting Documents