The City Manager for the City of Kearney is Michael W. Morgan. Morgan began his duties as Kearney’s City Manager on January 10, 2005. The City Manager is the administrative official responsible for implementing Council policies.
The City Manager's Responsibilities include:
- Directing the City workforce
- Preparing the Annual Budget for Council action
- Recommending to the Council measures considered important
- Appointing Department Heads and Staff
- Undertaking a wide range of other necessary tasks
Additionally, the City Manager attends all the City Council meetings and advises the Council on the technical implications of its decisions.