Fireworks that are classified as Consumer Fireworks or novelties may be sold at retail stands. The following items are not classified as consumer fireworks and therefore are illegal:
• Rockets that are mounted on a stick or wire and project in the air when ignited, with or without report.
• All wire sparklers are illegal.
• Nighttime parachutes.
• Fireworks that are shot into the air and after coming to the ground cause automatic ignition due to sufficient temperature.
• Firecrackers that contain more that fifty milligrams of explosive composition.
• Fireworks that have been tested by the State Fire Marshal as a response to complaints and have been deemed to be unsafe.
For more information on consumer fireworks, please visit the Nebraska State Fire Marshal website.website