There are three objectives of this program:
1) Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
2) Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement practices that are specific to locate, time and type of violation.
3) Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The criteria will for determining these locations will be based on:
- Accidents and causes
- Traffic Congestion
- Public Complaints – Please Use Access Kearney to report
- City Complaints
- Calls for Service Load
- Officer / Supervisor Observations and Recommendations
Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for May are:
1) 30th Avenue (24th Street - 39th Street)
2) 11th Street (5th Avenue - 30th Avenue)
3) 5th Avenue 25th Street - 35th Street)
While officers may enforce any observed violations, the targeted violations will be speed enforcement, Traffic Signal Violation, Improper wide turns, and other observed traffic violations.
The City of Kearney would also like to remind drivers that all residential areas are 25 mph.