There are three objectives of this program:
- Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
- Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement practices that are specific to location, time and type of violation.
- Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The criteria will for determining these locations will be based on:
- Accidents and causes
- Traffic Congestion
- Public Complaints – Please Use Access Kearney to report
- City Complaints
- Calls for Service Load
- Officer / Supervisor Observations and Recommendations
Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for September are:
- Avenue L (31st Street – 39th Street)
- 30th Avenue (24th Street – 39th Street)
- West 11th Street (2nd Avenue – 30th Avenue)
While officers may enforce any observed violations, the targeted violations will be speed enforcement, traffic signal violation, improper wide turns, and other observed traffic violations.