Facility Rental/Special Event Application

All facilities may be rented a year in advance.

To rent the facilities, you need to complete a facility use form and pay the rental fee and deposit (if applicable) before you can be placed on the calendar. You may pick up a form at the Park and Recreation Office at 2005 1st Avenue, Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Friday, 7:30 a.m. - Noon, or download the Rental Application here. The fee and $100 deposit (if applicable) are due at the time the reservation is made.  The Cottonmill Lodge is the only facility that requires a key.  The fee is collected at the time the reservation is made and the $100 deposit is collected when the key is picked up. Key deposit is returned when the key is returned. Deposits for all other facilities will be returned by mail as long as there has been no damage caused to the facility or park.

Special Events that will draw a large number of people to the park (ART in the Park, Crane River Theater Performances, Music Concerts, Etc.) need to fill out the Special Event Permit Application.  This application can be picked up from the Park and Recreation Office or download the Special Event Permit Application here.  

Facility rentals will be authorized as long as they do not conflict with the City of Kearney, Park and Recreation Activities. We will inform you at the time of initial request if there is a conflict.

Weddings in the Parks

We have several areas available for outdoor weddings. The Rock Garden at Harmon is our busiest location with weddings starting in April and going through late September. We also book weddings at the Cope Amphitheater in Yanney Park and the Cottonmill Amphitheater at Cottonmill Park. The cost for a wedding at any location is $60 with a $100 deposit. Weddings can be booked for either 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Both time slots can be reserved for $120.

Insurance Policy

The City or Kearney does require a $1,000,000 Insurance Policy for events that are open to the public and take place at City Facilities. Examples of this, but not limited to, include:  Youth and Adult Tournaments/Camps not affiliated with an association, Running or Walking events that are conducted on the City’s hike and bike trails (Walks and Runs must be affiliated with a non-profit organization or other approved organizations), Special Events that will draw a large number of people to the park (Art In the Park, PraiseFest, Music Concert, etc). 

The City prefers to be named as an additional insured on the Certificate of Insurance.  Organizations need to provide the Certificate of Insurance to the Park and Recreation office no later than two weeks in advance of the event. If insurance is not received, the City reserves the right to cancel the event.


Groups reserving a facility may cancel 30 days in advance of rental date or more to receive a partial refund.  There is a $30 cancellation fee for all enclosed buildings.  There is a $15 cancellation fee for weddings, shelters or amphitheaters. There are no refunds issued if cancellation is less than 30 days from rental dates.  There are no refunds for outdoor facilities due to inclement weather.  

Alcohol and Smoking

Alcohol is not permitted at any City Park, Harmon Park Activity Center, Mitzi’s Pavilion, ERC Building, or the Cottonmill Lodge. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Smoking is not permitted in the Harmon Park Activity Center, Mitzi’s Pavilion, ERC Building, or the Cottonmill Lodge.


A Rental Application Form must be filled out requesting to place a Jump-a-Roo in a City Park.  A $25 fee will apply if the group has not reserved a facility with us.  A meeting must be scheduled with our park staff prior to placement to show renters where irrigation is.  Events open to the public with a Jump-a-Roo require a $1,000,000 Liability Insurance Policy.