FAQs: Library & COVID-19
Is the library open?
Yes, the library is open and has returned to normal hours. We are closed on public holidays.
- Monday–Thursday from 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- Friday–Saturday from 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- Sunday from 1:00–5:00 pm
What safety measures are in place?
Several restrictions have been put in place to help ensure the safety of patrons and staff and to comply with the Directed Health Measures issued by the Governor and the Two Rivers Health Department.
- Limited to 25% capacity
- Face masks are required
(per emergency city ordinance No. 8457)
- Social distance (6 feet)
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Plexiglass-protected service points
- Computer stations spaced (6 feet)
- If possible, one person per household should visit at a time.
- The use of self-checkout machines is encouraged.
- Until further notice, all library programs will be online
Is curbside pick-up available?
Yes, we offer curbside pick-up on Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon – 6:00 pm.
To use curbside, you may put items on hold using the MyKPL app, the website, or by calling the library at 308-233-3282. We'll notify you when they are ready to be picked up. Pull in front of the west library doors and call 308-233-3622 and let staff know that you are here. Staff is not allowed to take returned items or handle fines/fees. Please return items in the drive-up book drop.
Is the book drop open?
Yes, the book drop is open and we are accepting all library items.
Are the meeting and study rooms available?
Yes, the meeting and study rooms are open. Meeting rooms have limited capacity. The study room’s capacities have been lowered by half and use by individuals is encouraged.
Are you accepting book donations?
Yes, we are accepting donations. There is a limit of three boxes per household per day. Please drop off your items at the front desk.
I don’t have a library card. How can I get one?
- Please fill out our library card application.
- Once staff has created your card you will receive an email or phone call with your card information. This will give you access to select resources, including eBooks, eAudio, and more from our digital library.
- Please visit the front desk with your photo I.D. and proof of address to gain access to your physical card.
I need my library card number but have misplaced my card. How can I get it?
Library staff can supply library card numbers in person or via phone and email. Please call 308-233-3282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with this information. Library staff will verify your personal information (such as an address, phone number, and/or birth date) before providing the card number.
Can I access your Wi-Fi?
We offer free Wi-Fi access throughout the building and have extended service to reach the entire parking lot and our on-street parking spaces. Please select "library_internet." There is no password required. Please maintain safe distancing.
What library resources are available from home?
We have a wide variety of digital resources available for use! If you have questions regarding these online services, please call the library at 308-233-3282.
- OverDrive / Libby: eBooks & eAudio
- RBdigital: eAudio and eMagazines
- TumbleBooks: eBooks for kids
- Freegal: music downloads & streaming
- Kanopy: film streaming
- Digital Newspapers
- Online Learning and Databases
- Universal Class: online learning
How can I contact the library staff?
- We are open and staff assistance is available.
- Technology assistance is limited to basic help and staff will not assist with personal devices at this time.
The main desk phone number is 308-233-3282. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com, or through Facebook Messenger.