The Kearney Police Department began their new program the Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas (PTEA) on January 3, 2017. There are three objectives of the program:
- Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
- Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement practices that are specific to location, time and type of violation.
- Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The locations will be assigned monthly by the Operations Captain and the Lieutenants. The criteria for determining these locations will be based on:
- Accidents and causes
- Traffic congestion
- Public complaints – please use Access Kearney on the City of Kearney website or download the Access Kearney App to report
- City complaints
- Calls for service load
- Officer/supervisor observations and recommendations