Examples of Banned Items
Section 5-214 of the Kearney City Code pertains to certain materials prohibited from the garbage collection system. The items not to be placed in garbage containers provided by the City include:
- Concrete blocks
- Clothing taken from persons with infectious diseases
- Dangerous or corrosive chemicals
- Heavy metals or metal parts
- Lead acid batteries
- Liquid waste
- Materials impregnated with urine
- Refuse from construction or remodeling
- Yard waste
It shall be the duty of each property owner or tenant occupying the premises to maintain the containers assigned for use of that premises.
Damage to any container shall immediately be reported to the Sanitation Supervisor by the party to whom the container is assigned or by the party who has damaged the container.
For more information, please contact the Sanitation Supervisor at (308) 233-3206.