Rules & Regulations for Cutting Firewood at Landfill
- All cutting and splitting will be done within the area provided during the regular hours of operation of the landfill.
- Only two people are allowed within each area.
- All persons who intend to occupy the cutting area are required to sign a permission form before entering the area.
- Identification will be required for verification of permit for signatures.
- No person under the age of 19 years is allowed within the cutting area.
- It shall be the responsibility of the persons applying for permission to cut firewood to report any unsafe site conditions to the landfill operator and not proceed until such unsafe conditions are corrected, and to keep all unauthorized persons from entering the cutting area.
- Persons entering the cutting area enter at their own risk. The City of Kearney is not responsible for their safety, and will not be liable for any injuries or losses persons may incur while they are in the cutting area.
- The City may choose to terminate cutting activities at any time without personal notice to any party.
- All persons wanting to cut firewood will have to fill out the application for permission when they arrive at the Landfill Scale House. The application requests a copy of the person’s driver’s license.
For more information, please contact us at (308) 233-3607.