The purposes of the Unified Land Development Ordinance (ULDO) of the City of Kearney is to:
- Serve the public health, safety, and general welfare of the City and its jurisdiction.
- Classify property in a manner that reflects its suitability for specific uses.
- Provide a sound, attractive development within in the City and its jurisdiction.
- Encourage compatibility of adjacent land uses.
- Protect environmentally sensitive areas.
- Further the objectives of the Comprehensive Development Plan of the City of Kearney.
Chapters 11 through 59 of the City Code
are known as the Unified Land Development Ordinance of the City of Kearney.