Boards & Commissions
The City of Kearney has several Boards and Commissions that work in conjunction with the City of Kearney. We are very fortunate to have willing individuals to donate a part of their busy lives to serve on the City’s Boards and Commissions to provide valuable information for the City Council to make important decisions.
Expression of Interest
Names of persons willing to serve the City in the capacity of volunteer board, committee or commission member will be obtained by both formal and informal advertising designed to reach as many citizens as possible. Each individual will complete an Expression of Interest Form
and submit the same to the City Clerk.
Apply for Membership
To apply for membership on one of these boards, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (308) 233-3216 to obtain an Expression of Interest Form.
The City of Kearney has vacancies on various Boards/Commissions. If you are interested in serving the community by becoming a member of one of these Boards, you are asked to fill out an Expression of Interest Form and return to the City Clerk at your earliest convenience. The vacancies are as follows:
- Advisory Board of Park & recreation Commissioners (5-year term)
- Airport Advisory Board (5-year term)
- Board of Adjustment (3-year term)
- Civil Service Commission (6-year term)
- Community Redevelopment Authority (5-year term)
- Downtown Improvement Board (5-year term)
- Golf Advisory Board (4-year term)
- Kearney Housing Agency (5-year term)
- Planning Commission (3-year term)
- Senior Services Advisory Board (3-year term)