Apply for a Library Card
Applying for a Card Online
- Library cards are free!
- Kearney Public Library does not have residential or age restrictions for library card holders - anyone may apply for a card.
- Kearney Public Library cards are usable both in the Library and on the Buffalo County Bookmobile.
Acceptable Forms of Photo ID Include:
- Please fill out the Library Card Application form. The form can be brought into the Library or submitted electronically to: email@example.com
- All patrons must physically visit the Library with a valid photo ID and proof of current address* in order to receive and activate their library card.
- Minors 17 years of age and under applying for a library card must have a parent or guardian present; as well as provide the documentation listed above. Parents or guardians may choose to sign the Internet Permission Form to give the minor permission to access library computers with their library card barcode number.
- Parents/guardians' personal library cards must be in good standing (under $5.00 in fees) in order to sign for a youth card.
Acceptable Items for Proof of Current Address* Include, but are Not Limited to:
- Driver's License
- Identification Card
- Student ID
- Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Utility Bill
- Lease Vehicle Registration
- Voter ID Card
* If current address is stated on photo ID, no other documentation is needed.
Questions? Call the main desk at (308) 233-3282.