Upon request, you have the right to:
- Be notified of all court proceedings, case status and final case disposition.
- Have court hearings and procedures explained to you.
- Be notified of the release or escape from custody of the defendant, if it is a felony case.
- Be free from intimidation.
- Information on application for witness fees, restitution and compensation.
- Be told of financial assistance and social services available.
- Transportation to court proceedings, and a secure waiting area at those proceedings.
- Complete a Victim Impact Statement for use in court before sentencing.
- Prompt return of personal property when no longer needed as evidence.
- To all of the above rights if you are a family member of a homicide victim.
Please contact the Victim/Witness Unit for information about your case or to request any of the above services. The Victim/Witness Unit also provides counseling and educational materials for the victim and educational programs for community groups and schools.