There are three objectives of this program:
- Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
- Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement practices that are specific to locate, time and type of violation.
- Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The criteria will for determining these locations will be based on:
- Accidents and causes
- Traffic Congestion
- Public Complaints – Please Use Access Kearney to report
- City Complaints
- Calls for Service Load
- Officer / Supervisor Observations and Recommendations
Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for June are:
- 8th Street (6th Avenue to 17th Avenue)
- W. 33rd Street (2nd Avenue to 7th Avenue)
- E. 31st Street (Avenue E to Avenue I)
While officers may enforce any observed violations, the targeted violations will be speed enforcement, Traffic Signal Violation, Improper wide turns, and other observed traffic violations.