The City of Kearney, Sanitation Division, announces that due to the upcoming Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Monday, January 15, 2018, the following changes will be in effect for the refuse collection system and the Kearney Area Solid Waste Agency Landfill.
- Commercial businesses scheduled for Monday, January 15 will be collected on Tuesday, January 16.
- Residential refuse collections will be delayed one day except the residential collection on Friday will not be affected.
- Residential and commercial curbside collection of recyclables will remain on schedule.
- The Kearney Area Recycling Center will be closed on Monday, January 15, 2018.
- The Kearney Area Solid Waste Agency Landfill and Compost and Tree Site will be open between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Monday, January 15, 2018.