There are three objectives of this program:
- Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
- Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement practices that are specific to locate, time and type of violation.
- Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The criteria will for determining these locations will be based on:
- Accidents and causes
- Traffic Congestion
- Public Complaints – Please Use Access Kearney to report
- City Complaints
- Calls for Service Load
- Officer / Supervisor Observations and Recommendations
Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for January are:
- W. 11th Street (22nd Avenue – 30th Avenue) Times: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- 56th Street / 2nd Avenue Times: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- 39th Street / E Avenue Times: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.