Cottonmill Park

Lake


A central feature to Cottonmill Park is theLake view 43 acre lake. Originally created in 1886 by filling the Kearney Canal, the lake acted as a storage reservoir that generated power for the old Cottonmill factory. In 1998 with funding from the Nebraska Environmental Trust Fund, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality and the Central Platte Natural Resource District, Cottonmill Lake underwent a complete restoration specifically to create a top quality fishing lake.